Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's a Boy!!!

Alexander Samuel Voltz was born 5/15/09 at 3:42am. 8lb 2oz, 203/4"

The story:
I went in to be induced Thursday, 5/14, at 2pm. The doctor broke my water at 3pm and started pitocin. By 7pm I had only progessed to 3cm and the baby's heart dipped down to the 70s with the contrations. The pitocin was stopped and I tried to labor on my own. Unfortunately after several hours I was unable to progress passed 4cm and the baby was no tolerating labor. The baby continued to have heart decelerations with each contraction. The decision was made to perform a c-section. The surgery began around 315am. At 342am the doctor announced it was a boy. I cannot explained to you the excitement Jude and I felt. We were thrilled. Finally, our baby arrived and it was a boy.
Jude and I decided on Alexander Samuel just last week as a name. Jude chose Alexander and would like to call him "Xander." Samuel was a Voltz family name. I think the name suits him well.
We are already at home on Sunday. I am feeling good, but sore around the incision. The baby is doing great. He got a clean bill of health from the pediatrician. So far we are all hanging in there, but I am sure the adrenaline will run out soon. Here are some pictures of our little man.
Eyes wide open.

Xander has the biggest feet I have ever seen. I don't know if the picture does him justice.

The Stats

The new family

Stayed tuned for more pitcures to follow in the next couple days. Thanks to everyone for all the support throughout pregnancy and now.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Awww! Congrats! Welcome to the world, Xander!