Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Xander's First Week

I can't believe it has already been a week. Time flys!!! I have a whole new respect for mothers. This week has been tough. Xander seems to have his days and nights confused. He also likes to eat every hour even at night, which makes sleeping nearly impossible. These next two pictures sums up how we felt this week. No matter how hard, Jude and I are both enjoying our son immensely.

We took Xander to the pediatrician for a check up on Wednesday. Xander received a clean bill of health. He also weighed in at 8lb 5oz, 3 oz over his birth weight. I think Xander will be a big boy like his daddy. He still measure 20 3/4 inches long. Our next appointment will be at one month.

We even managed to give Xander his first bath. He did not like it at all. Hopefully that will change once he is older.

Xander had plenty of visitors this week. He got to meet his new family. His cousins are especially excited to have him. We appreciate all the visits and support this week. It has been a lot of help. Here are some pictures of Xander and family.
This is my favorite picture thus far. I am sure he is not really smiling, but has gas. It is still cute!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Xander is precious! So glad I got to meet him on Saturday. Hope to see y'all again soon.

mtvoltz said...

Thanks for coming over. It was so good to see you. Hope you guys had fun Saturday night.

Michele said...

Those first two pics are kinda funny. I promise it gets easier!

I love his smile in the last pic.

JStraughan said...

Congrats!! Hang in there--it will get better, I promise!!