Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last Pregnant Doctor's Visit

Today Jude and I went to the doctor. We started the day by going to fetal monitoring. A nonstress test and measurement of fluid was completed. The baby is healthy and shows no signs of distress. I had a couple of contractions while on the monitor, but nothing to start labor. :( The baby obviously is nice and comfy in the womb and does not want to come out.
Next we had the actual doctor's appointment. I have progressed to 1.5cm - 2cm dilated and 100% effaced. Whoo-hoo! We discussed induction options with the doctor. Unfortunately the soonest we can be scheduled for an induciton is Thursday at 2pm. The doctor suggested some home remedies to initiate labor. Jude and I will try them all, because he is just as anxious to meet Baby Voltz as I am. If we are not successful initiating labor, we will have our bundle of joy Thursday a week late.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Holy Crap, why does this kid not want to come out yet?!?!?!

I can't wait to meet your baby, so I know you and Jude must be bursting. Keep me posted!

P.S. Seriously, are you 41 weeks pregnant?!

mtvoltz said...

Yes it is true. Wednesday makes 41 weeks. I promise I am doing all that I can to get this kid out.